Background

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Card Class

Remember when you were a kid and went to summer camp?  I didn't do it often (three times only as a matter of fact), but those three weeks are some of the more vivid memories from my childhood.  That and riding my bike into a parked trailer, don't ask.  I usually went everywhere with my sister, so two years of church camp were with my sister by my side, but one year I went to Girl Scout camp all on my own.  We crafted, we hiked, we sang songs by the campfire.  We slept in raised platform "tents" which to me was very much like living in the wild, especially considering we used portable pottys- yech!  Not really "roughing it" by any stretch of the imagination, but for me it was a stretch to my sensibilities and one I thoroughly enjoyed.  Well, this summer, Brandy and I decided to go to camp together.  Well, o.k. it's not really camp, but somehow my mind associates the feeling with those long summer days at camp.  Since neither of us could afford to take the time off for a proper camp in the woods, we signed up for an online Summer Card Class offered by Paper Crafts Connections Go-To-Gals.  Each week we receive a color challenge to create a card with a specified color combination.  During the following few days, ideas and techniques are shared to inspire our creativity.  This means that we will be attempting to create and post cards made for the challenges.  Today, I'm sharing my creation for this week's challenge.

Let Sweet Moments Fill Your Day Card by Andie


 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce
Stamps: Close to My Heart, Hero Arts
Ink: Close to My Heart Buttercup and Cranberry, Brilliance Dew Drop Pearlescent Sky Blue
Rhinestones: Studio 18
Baker's Twine: Boxer Scrapbook Productions









Just for You Card by Andie




Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce
Stamps: Close to My Heart
Ink: Close to My Heart Cranberry
Rhinestones: Studio 18
Ribbon: Boxer Scrapbook Productions




















Andie

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are wonderful! I really like the wreath design on the 2nd card (I have a red, white and blue wreath in a similar style hanging on my front door :) ) I love the big flower on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both great cards, the 2nd one is my FAV. Love the folds and the mushroom paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those folds on the second card! The pps are great. Great use of the colors for camp this week. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?