Background

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Homemade Father's Day Card

I put together this Father's Day card for my father-in-law.  It's simple, but I keep looking for opportunities to use the burlap in my cards.  This seemed like just the right card- those Man Cards being so tricky to design.  Here I used a blue plaid printed paper from the Stash.  I probably have owned this paper for more than 5 years.  The card itself is cut from a piece of brown cardstock and inked with a brown chalk ink.  The timepiece also comes from a printed paper that I've had in the Stash.  I fussy cut two different stopwatches out and layered them one on top of the other.  The stop watches are mounted with a pop dot. 
 A quick cut of the D*a*d from Cricut's Nifty Fifties cart and Dad has concrete evidence that we love and appreciate him.  I have the great pleasure of being able to celebrate four separate men (my dad, Dan's dad, my grandpa, and, of course, Dan- the best dad of the bunch) on Father's Day and even though I couldn't be with them all, I do love and appreciate each of them.

Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?