Background

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easter Treasures

These cute Easter favors were made for my considerably younger niece and nephews.  They really enjoyed the gift, though everyone was sick for Easter this year.  The jars are simple Mason jars- don't you just love the look of clean glass?  I started with Basic Grey's Sweet Threads printed paper.  Oh my, but isn't this paper made just for springy, Easter favors?  I cut the frame for the Happy Easter tag from the Cricut Paper Lace cart.  The matting is made from a Bazzil cardstock and both the printed paper "lace" and the cardstock are inked with pink (for my neice) and blue (for my nephews).  The lace "grass" at the bottom of the Mason jar is from the Sweet Threads Ribbon Dollies package. Peel and stick, baby.  Peel and Stick!  The cute chick emblem from the top of  the jar is an image I snagged off the internet somewhere.  Simply print and use the centerpoint feature on the Cricut to cut a circle making a emblem for the top of my glass Easter "basket".  Add a little stitching to your Sweet Threads printed paper and I only have to tie a piece of ribbon on the lid to be done.  Inside the "basket" was filled with holiday M&Ms, a hollow chocolate bunny and chocolate Easter eggs.  Jacob's comment (who had to have his favor hand delivered as he was home mending from a bout of the crud) was..."Mom, Mom, Mom, there are Ms in there!"  Now, I know that Easter is a celebration of the greatest event that ever happened to mankind and I wouldn't take one bit from that happy celebration.  Thank you, Jesus, for your work on the cross and the gift given to me.  However, it is nice to add my bit to the joy that can be found in the blessings God has granted.  Yes, Jacob, there are quite a few Ms in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?