Background

Monday, March 7, 2011

Those Special Occassion Cards

My mother-in-law, Pat, turned 75 years old this Christmas.  Her birthday was celebrated by the family getting together to celebrate at the Mesa Country Club.  Family traveled from far and near to join the celebration.  A card celebrating 75 years are hard to come by and we utlimately saw a few duplicates as they rotated around the table after dinner.  My DH's (this I guess is "internet speak" for dear husband... I kinda like it) family has a tradition of purchasing funny birthday cards.  Since making a funny card is a little beyond my reach yet I made this card to give with our gift.



Here's a quick explanation of the parts and pieces that went into the making of this card.



Crystal Accents by Ranger Industries is one of my new favorite glues.  The glue is fast drying which helps when making flowers, layering accents or generally fixing pieces in their proper place quickly.  The other great use is to create a 3-D acrylic type finish to a paper embellishment.  The 7  the 5 in my card were both coated in this way.  Apply the glue as a layer filling out to all edges.  The glue does dry quickly in small amounts, but you usually have a little time to adjust the layer of glue applied to create a uniform layer over your embellishment.  Crystal Accents is described here: http://rangerink.com/products/prod_inkssentials_glossy.htm and can also be sourced at M's or J's.

Happy cardmaking!

Andie

1 comment:

  1. I haven't ever heard of Crystal Accents...I am definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?