Background

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Butterfly Wall Art

One of the most fun projects I have ever completed was a small piece of wall art created as a gift from me to Brandy.  Brandy has long had an affinity for the butterfly in all it's forms.  I was trolling through the internet one day and someone had done a craft very simliar to this piece and posted the instructions.  As a newly appointed owner of a ProvoCraft Cricut Expression, I instantly knew what Brandy's birthday gift for 2010 would be.  The butterflies are cut using the Cricut cart Graphically Speaking.  I think I ultimately cut a 3 1/4 in. butterfly.  The wings were bent to create the 3-D look.  The 12 x 12 shadow box frame came with a heavy backing.  I cut a piece of white cardstock to fit (I didn't like the look of textured cardstock in this use).  I measured the page and used a removable tape and yarn to create a grid of nine boxes where I used a liquid adhesive to place the butterflies in place.  I removed the tape and yarn and mounted the page inside the shadow box frame.  Exactly one year later, this is still one of my all time favorite crafts that I am very proud to have created.  Happy Birthday 2011, Brandy!


Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?